We have the only program of its kind in the US to offer sanctuary and transitional housing for women who have horses or livestock. Although we are located in the Texas Hill Country, we serve any horsewoman (or woman who has a large animal issue that prevents her from seeking shelter) no matter where she lives currently. In fact, since launching this website in 2009, we have had service inquires from 28 states and website traffic from all 50 states and numerous foreign countries.*
Our goal is to built a sustainable ranch facility that will offer individual housing for families and small pets to be sheltered together and stabling for horses
Why we need Littlegrass Ranch
The numbers are startling. Of the approximately 2500 women’s shelters in the United States, only about 70 currently offer on-site sheltering for pets belonging to the women they serve. There are no shelters that accept horses.
- 85% of women entering domestic violence shelters reported that their partner had threatened, injured or killed their pet
- 48% of domestic violence victims who own animals will delay or refuse leaving an abusive home out of fear of what will happen to their pets or livestock if they leave them behind
Who we serve
- Are you in an abusive relationship?
- Do you have a horse(s) or other equine that is preventing you from seeking safety?
- Are you ready to leave the relationship permanently?
If you can answer “yes” to these questions contact us by email or phone 888-LGR-9393 (888-547-9393) to explore your options. Availability is on an as-available basis right now through the generous donations of Safehouses.*source: Google Analytics